Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Croatia Sailing: Korcula


I did not make it to breakfast this morning.

After a night partying in Dubrovnik no one on the boat was feeling fantastic. And it just had to be a morning of rough sailing.

I don’t usually get motion sickness or sea sickness, but let me tell you I felt unwell on the boat this morning.

We were bouncing up and down, up and down and the weather took a turn for the worse. Everyone felt queasy with most staying in bed, and lunch was postponed for two hours because the crew decided everyone would be sick if they tried to eat. Missing out on breakfast this was even worse for me, I was starving! But it was not pleasant and poor Livi’s motion sickness got the better of her.

It didn’t have anything to do with the amounts of alcohol from the night before, trust me.

By the time we had lunch everyone was feeling better, and we had docked the boat in Korcula for a tour around the city. I didn’t want a tour around the city, I wanted coffee. Get me coffee. No more of this missing breakfast bullshit.


Land ahoy!

A Croatian take on a skinny latte and some Wi-Fi later, we were relaxed at a café. Korcula is known for its jewellery and stone masonry, with jewellery shops in every direction. But could you believe we were too tired/ hung over/ seasick to care? Neither can I!

Korcula is also known for being home to the famous traveller Marco Polo. A childhood favourite game I was interested to see his house, although I don’t think the coffee or excitement level had kicked in yet.


The sun, it burrrrrns my bloodshot eyes


The residence of Mr Polo, I think that's him in the doorway


I'm on a boat, I'm on a boat.. no thanks I'm on dry land with food in my stomach


In true Marco Polo Italian style, pizza was on the menu tonight, followed by yummy cocktails watching the sunset from a rooftop bar. Literally a rooftop, where we had to climb up a thin ladder and through a trapdoor to make it onto the old roof. Thank goodness I was wearing a tiny skirt perfect for climbing ladders. 

Not.

Good drinks with great friends watching a beautiful sunset, it was incredible.


The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire


Thank you kind sir, if it is a blue drink you know it must be mine


Loving life. What hangover? What seasickness?


Croatian sunset, how romantic

But then, the highlight of the whole entire day.

Watching this Adonis on Croatian Survivor.


You can be our survivor 


Can you come back from Costa Rica for a week while we're in Croatia?


You get the picture??

We couldn’t understand a word, but we didn’t need to. We were all going for the babe with the six pack. Every girl on the boat was staring at the TV, listening to him whisper Croatian sweet nothings. We made up our own rules for what must have been happening in the challenges, and every time someone switched the channel during the breaks we panicked we were going to miss whatever it was this perfect human was doing, or saying.

Sadly once the episode finished and the hottie lost the challenge, it was off to the bar. After the night before only Ash, Livi, Agenda MC and I made it out, and I’m not even sure how we did. But the drinks were delicious and the music was pumping, and we spoke to possibly the tallest man in the world before heading home and going straight to sleep. I needed to be at breakfast in the morning to ensure I got my free coffee.


The yummiest drinks ever, freeeeee for the pretty ladies

Marco? Nikki!

No comments:

Post a Comment