Monday, April 30, 2012

Ireland: Last night I listened to Traditional Irish music, not a fan

Ireland has beaches? And coastal towns? And is actually a really big island?

Who knew?

Having booked our Shamrocker tour less than a week before it began, I knew very little about Ireland; besides Leprechauns, four leaf clovers and the colour green, of course.

So when the scenery out of the bus window was of beaches and sand, I was a little surprised.


Take me to the beeeach

They say that if you swim in the Ocean in Ireland you leave part of your soul there, and have to return to the island years later to collect it. It was way too cold and I didn’t want to get sand in my shoes. Sorry Ireland but all of my soul is coming with me this time.


The keeper of souls


Will write anywhere


Party in my batcave?

We stopped off in the Dingle Peninsula, and I couldn’t comprehend these coastal towns. How can they be beachy, and it be so cold? Doesn’t it have to be hot to go to the beach? Nevertheless people were surfing in the ocean, some in wetsuits and some not. Crazy.


Surf lesson anyone? Wetsuit optional


Pretending it's not cold


 Ridin', my dolphin
Staying the night in Ennis we ventured to the pub again to listen to some traditional, or Trad music. Thinking it was going to be a performance, we were surprised when the people playing the instruments sat around a table and played among themselves and not to the people listening. It was interesting to listen to for a little while, but give me some Beyoncé any day.

An early night is just what the Leprechaun ordered. 

Ireland hopper, Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment