Monday, April 30, 2012

Ireland: Last night I drank Guinness and partied like a rock star

The first day of our Shamrocker Tour through Ireland I slept on the bus, kissed a stone, and froze my ass off.

Selecting my favourite Zimmermann singlet, jeans and a blazer, I was severely under dressed.

And when it started to rain, we had only our scarves wrapped around our freshly straightened hair.

Our first big stop for the day was Blarney Castle, where we could kiss the famous Blarney Stone. It’s said that if you kiss the stone you will get the Gift of the Gab – not that the three of us need it.


Blarney Castle

To kiss the stone you must climb to the top of the tower, lie upside down in the wet, hold onto two poles while a man holds you by the waist, almost back flipping, stretch your head further upside down, pucker up, and kiss some cold rock.

I thought it was hilarious.


I have to do what?!


Mmmmwwwaaahhhhh

Brad Pitt has also kissed the stone, so effectively, we’ve made out.


That night we went out in Killarney, the party town where something is raging every night of the week. This was a Monday night and we went out clubbing. Ridiculous.

Ridiculously fun!


Cheers!

We started at O’Connell’s Pub where we watched a ‘pub theatre’ performance – comedy, drama, and drinking by the eccentric, Pa.


Being serenaded

We tried Guinness – not as bad as I was expecting once I got past all of the froth. But I still wouldn’t pick it if I had a choice. It looks like thick mud.

Three wines and some Guinness down we were off to The Grand Hotel, where a live band played in one room and a DJ in the other. Just the way I like it!

We danced with the band for hours, had songs dedicated to us, sang along in the microphone and just generally loved life.


Hey girls, you like my bass?

When they played The Wanted, holy shit we lost it. Naturally, it was dedicated “to the three lovely ladies at the front”.


Groupies, and we're ok with that


We love you Ash, Livi and Nikki

Our hostel had a 3am lockout, so we partied until 2:30am, trying to find our way back before running into Pa. He wouldn’t direct us to the hostel, but instead to the strippers. Classy!


Pa be crazy

Such a fun night, I love Killarney!

Name’s Nikki, I’m with the band

No comments:

Post a Comment