Saturday, April 7, 2012

I left my heart in Notting Hill

I’ve found my future neighbourhood.




A suburb with big white houses, tree lined streets, Maserati’s in driveways and Bentley’s on the street.


Notting Hill was described to me by an Aussie turned Londoner as a place where rich people live, where the rich wives hang out getting their hair done and shopping in the designer stores.

Sounds like my kind-a place!


The world really does revolve around me, it's what happens when you hang out on roundabouts

We went out for breakfast in the Notting Hill café, Granger and Co, where women walked in wearing Chloe and Ralph Lauren, another woman was on a date with her Hermes handbag, and everyone was drinking wine and champagne before 11am.

Hells yeah!

I also had the best breakfast I’ve eaten in my life at this café. Fresh off the plane from Egypt where we were eating conservatively, all three of us craved fresh food and some good eggs.


I had scrambled eggs on sourdough toast with fresh tomato and avocado. A sprinkling of rock salt and cracked pepper and I was in heaven.

It set us back around £16 each, but it was seriously the best breakfast I have ever eaten. I didn’t want it to end! The coffee was delicious also. Winning!

Good work Granger and Co.

We will definitely head back to Notting Hill before we leave London, if only for the amazing breakfast. Yummmmmm.

Nikki Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment